Do you know your skin type? Well, if you don't I'm about to help you figure it out. There are 5 basic skin types: Normal, Oily, Dry, Combination, and Sensitive. Now of course skin can be way more complex than that, but for the sake of keeping things simple and learning the basics we are only going to categorize skin by those 5 types. Now, let me break each one of those skin types down for you.
- Normal Skin- Now normal skin is something we all want to have. This skin type is the least problematic, very vibrant and has good elasticity. It's also healthy, clean and has good circulation. Maintenance for this skin type is just that, MAINTENANCE!
- Oily Skin- If you fall in this category your skin will most likely have a greasy look or a constant shine throughout the day. You'll generally have larger pores and are prone to breakouts or acne, which can be problematic. However, the good thing about oily skin is that it is less likely to have wrinkles and tends not to age.
- Dry Skin-If you fall in this category your skin will mostly likely feel tight after washing it, you may or may not have flakiness, small pores, and an ash look. Dry skin can be, but is not known for being problematic and is prone to wrinkles, irritation, and aging. Hydrating this type of skin is the most important thing.
- Combination-The most common skin type for most people. If you have combination skin then your skin is dry and oily at the same time. Typically oily in the T-zone area (forehead & nose) and dry around the eyes and on the cheeks.
- Sensitive-If you have this type of skin then your skin is the most problematic and fragile of all skin types and you really have to be careful how you treat it and what you use on it. Many people with sensitive skin have tight skin and the skin is EASILY irritated and inflamed. Prone to reddish areas on the face as well as scaly and breakouts in spots.
DO YOU KNOW YOUR SKIN TYPE NOW?