With the cool autumn breeze and those harsh winter winds on the way your lips can catch quite a chill. The best way to take care of chapped lips is to exfoliate them. The purpose of exfoliation is to remove dead skin cells and soften skin. It's quick, it's easy, and it only takes a few minutes.
There are a range of different products to use for your lips. You can purchase a lip exfoliant at your local skin care/cosmetic store such as Lush, or you can make your own.
Sugar Scrub: Olive Oil & Sugar
- Mix a little olive oil and brown sugar or regular sugar until you have a semi-thick paste
- Rub the mixture onto your lips. You can use a washcloth or your hands (whatever works for you) and rub in circular motions. The longer you exfoliate the better the results.
- Rinse the mixture off
- Apply a hydrating lip moisturizer
Petroleum Jelly Scrub: Petroleum Jelly & Toothbrush or Disposable Mascara Wand
- Apply a nice semi-thick layer of petroleum jelly onto your lips
- Brush is circular motions using either your toothbrush or disposable wand (whatever works for you)
- Take a damp washcloth and wipe the excessive petroleum jelly off, but you can leave enough on so that the rest substitutes as a hydrating lip moisturizer
NOTE: You can also you a sugar and honey scrub and follow steps 1-4 of the sugar scrub.